Looking for a job you’ll love? Get ready to fall head over heels.
Firespring, one of Nebraska’s fastest-growing companies, is looking for someone special to join our Lincoln team. In corporate speak, we provide an unmatched range of integrated print, creative, website and IT solutions in addition to subscription-based software and turnkey marketing tools. But nobody gets excited about corporate speak, so here’s the real scoop.
- Located in Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska, we bask in the Silicon Prairie.
- Firespring only hires passionate, ambitious people—the type that will “bring it” every day.
- We work hard, we play harder.
- Once a year, we shave our heads together. (An optional activity, of course.)
- Inc. Magazine named Firespring one of the “50 Best Workplaces” in America. We like them too.
- We love to give back to the community. In fact, every full-time Firespringer receives a paid day off every month to volunteer for a nonprofit organization of their choice.
- We serve nearly 9,000 brands, businesses and nonprofits in all 50 states and 12 countries across six continents. I guess you can say we get around.
That’s the skinny on who we are. Now we want to tell you about who we’re looking for.
Software Engineer—pretty straight forward, don’t you think?
But Firespring looks for something different in the engineers we hire. In addition to producing some stellar code, our engineers work in a highly collaborative environment. Our average day is spent coding, interacting, laughing (probably at Wendy) and exceeding the expectations of our clients. In our opinion, that’s the perfect workplace.
Plus, as mentioned in the job title, you will be working with our SBF team. Not abbreviated, the St. Baldrick’s Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at raising funds to help find cures for childhood cancer. That’s right, we have whole team dedicated to this organization. And you will be a part of it. Pretty cool, right?
If you agree, read on.
- Collaboration is huge. If you're a team player, let’s talk.
- We value innovative web programming and interactive development. If you have the skills, be ready to prove it.
- Do you have a borderline unhealthy knowledge of Ruby and/or PHP? If so, that's a good thing. Familiarity with Subversion or Git will also help you fit in.
- Your thinking is driven by MVC and Three Tiered Architecture software organization styles.
- Object orientation and object inheritance models are like second nature to you.
- You know your way around various frameworks such as Sinatra, Rails, and/or JQuery.
- You're cozy with MySQL and enjoy digging into the guts of database schemas.
- You’re on a quest to eradicate SQL injection, XSS and XSRF exploits from the face of the planet.
- In the fight against perfection paralysis, you give your absolute best to meet deadlines, yet you’re still willing release your project into the wild when the time comes.
- You’re not a fool. You know constant learning is the key to staying on top, and you’re not afraid to learn a few new things.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary—You don’t need to go to the grocery store to bring home the bacon. We reward candidates who wow us by offering competitive hourly pay.
- Hours—20 hours/week, flexible
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it—that’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room that includes shuffleboard, a pool table, a foosball table, a Ping Pong table and more. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun.
- Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soda, tea, lemonade and beer (of course only if of age). And don’t worry about your duds—business-casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won't be considered. Seriously.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.