Looking for a new gig? You’re in luck.
Firespring, one of Nebraska’s fastest-growing companies, is looking for a rockstar to join our Lincoln team. In corporate speak, we provide an unmatched range of integrated print, creative, website and IT solutions in addition to subscription-based software and turnkey marketing tools. But nobody gets excited about corporate speak, so here’s the real scoop.
- Located in Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska, we bask in the Silicon Prairie.
- Firespring only hires passionate, ambitious people—the type that will “bring it” every day.
- We work hard, we play harder.
- Once a year, we shave our heads together. (An optional activity, of course.)
- Inc. Magazine named Firespring one of the “50 Best Workplaces” in America. We like them too.
- We love to give back to the community. In fact, every full-time Firespringer receives a paid day off every month to volunteer for a nonprofit organization of their choice.
- We serve nearly 8,000 brands, businesses and nonprofits in all 50 states and 11 countries across six continents. I guess you can say we get around.
That’s the skinny on who we are. Now we want to tell you about who we’re looking for.
No Limits is Nebraska’s first youth-led, adult-guided movement dedicated to reducing the influence of the tobacco industry on Nebraska’s youth. The group’s goals are educating, motivating, and empowering teens to take action against Big Tobacco. To mobilize youth to prevent tobacco use, the No Limits infrastructure is built on training, support, and youth-led decision making. Wait, I thought I was reading a job description for a Firespring position? Yes, trust me, you are. No Limits is not only a client of Firespring, but also an entity of Firespring itself. Housed in our very own walls, you could say we here at Firespring have a knack for nonprofits. Onward.
Being the No Limits Assistant means you would be working directly with the rockstar herself, Molly Kincaid, and will not only be tasked with providing project and event coordination, but also administrative duties to support this movement. Based on the scheduling and events already known, you can bank on this position having a heavy workload upfront, then easing into the typical part time hours. We want someone ready to jump in and lend a helping hand. The exact reason we are looking for a rockstar. We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive go-getter. Independently working on projects and research doesn’t scare you. Having authentic knowledge of youth trends and culture is the cherry on top of a great application.
Still interested? Read on.
- Organizer extraordinaire—in fact, it slightly bothers you that this list of bullet points isn't in alphabetical order.
- You must be familiar (bonus points if you call yourself a guru) with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets.
- Experience with MS Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, and WordPress is also beneficial.
- Smile—you’ll be interacting with middle school and high school students from across the state. Think of all the minds you’ll help mold.
- Meeting the mandatory requirements of a rental car driver (at least 21 years old with a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record) is preferred.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate projects and events, and provide administrative and office support for the No Limits youth tobacco prevention movement.
- You will assist with event planning, program leadership, project management, and the facilitation of a community grant program.
- Of course there are the occasional clerical tasks, including word processing, data entry and database management, mailings and mail merges, social media maintenance, and conference calls.
- Energetic attitude and strong communication skills are required. You know the balance between being social and professional.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours, as well as some in-state travel are required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Hours—Flexible. Front-loaded, then easing into normal part time hours.
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it—that’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room that includes shuffleboard, a pool table, a foosball table, a Ping Pong table and more. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun.
- Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soda, tea, lemonade and beer (of course only if of age). And don’t worry about your duds—business-casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won't be considered. Seriously.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.