Looking for a new gig? You’re in luck.
Firespring, one of Nebraska’s fastest-growing companies, is looking for a tech-savvy, fast-movin’ engineer to inspire our team. In corporate speak, we provide an unmatched range of integrated print, creative, website and IT solutions in addition to subscription-based software and turnkey marketing tools. But nobody gets excited about corporate speak, so here’s the real scoop.
- Located in Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska, we bask in the Silicon Prairie.
- Firespring only hires passionate, ambitious people—the type that will “bring it” every day.
- We work hard, we play harder.
- Once a year, we shave our heads together. (An optional activity, of course.)
- Inc. Magazine named Firespring one of the “50 Best Workplaces” in America. We like them too.
- We love to give back to the community. In fact, every full-time Firespringer receives a paid day off every month to volunteer for a nonprofit organization of their choice.
- We serve nearly 8,000 brands, businesses and nonprofits in all 50 states and 11 countries across six continents. I guess you can say we get around.
That’s the skinny on who we are. Now we want to tell you about who we’re looking for.
Web Application Engineer—pretty straight forward, don’t you think?
But Firespring looks for something different in the engineers we hire. In addition to producing some stellar code, our engineers work in a highly proactive environment. Our average day is spent coding, problem solving, strategically thinking, and exceeding the expectations of our clients. In our opinion, that’s the perfect workplace.
If you agree, read on.
- You have at least five years of web application development experience.
- Innovation is huge. If you're a self-starter, let’s talk.
- We value innovative web programming and interactive development. If you have the skills, be ready to prove it.
- Do you have a borderline unhealthy knowledge of PHP and MySQL? If so, that's a good thing. Familiarity with Git will also help you fit in.
- Your thinking is driven by MVC and Three Tiered Architecture software organization styles.
- Object orientation and object inheritance models are like second nature to you.
- You're confident with various coding frameworks such as Laravel and Symfony.
- You’re on a quest to eradicate SQL injection, XSS and XSRF exploits from the face of the planet.
- In the fight against perfection paralysis, you give your absolute best to meet deadlines, yet you’re still willing release your project into the wild when the time comes.
- You’re not a fool. You know constant learning is the key to staying on top, and you’re not afraid to learn a few new things.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary—You don’t need to go to the grocery store to bring home the bacon. We reward candidates who wow us by offering competitive pay.
- Vacation—Paid holidays are a no brainer, but how does unlimited, paid vacation sound? Too good to be true? It’s not. Salaried employees of Firespring are encouraged to take what they need when it comes to vacation and sick time.
- 401(k)—Your parents preached about the importance of saving. Now we’re helping you get it done. Firespring provides professional financial advisors who will help you make a plan and guide your investments.
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it—that’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room that includes shuffleboard, a pool table, a foosball table, a ping pong table and more. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun.
- Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soda, tea, lemonade, and beer. And don’t worry about your duds—business-casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won't be considered. Seriously.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.
We'll be in touch.