Looking for a job you’ll love? Get ready to fall head over heels.
Firespring, one of Nebraska’s fastest-growing companies, is looking for someone special to join our Cloud IT team. In corporate speak, we provide an unmatched range of integrated print, creative, website and IT solutions in addition to subscription-based software and turnkey marketing tools. But nobody gets excited about corporate speak, so here’s the real scoop.
- Located in Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska, we bask in the Silicon Prairie.
- Firespring only hires passionate, ambitious people—the type that will “bring it” every day.
- We work hard, we play harder.
- Once a year, we shave our heads together. (An optional activity, of course.)
- Inc. Magazine named Firespring one of the “50 Best Workplaces” in America. We like them too.
- We love to give back to the community. In fact, every full-time Firespringer receives a paid day off every month to volunteer for a nonprofit organization of their choice.
- We serve nearly 8,000 brands, businesses and nonprofits in all 50 states and 11 countries across six continents. I guess you can say we get around.
That’s the skinny on who we are. Now we want to tell you about who we’re looking for.
The Network Engineer is an advanced level IT Engineer. The position has a broad and deep resource responsibility for providing technical support of local and cloud-based server and network systems, virtualization technology, shared storage, e-mail and collaborative systems, security access controls, data networking, backup/DR, etc.
This critical role is accountable for delivery of services that meet client requirements in a timely fashion.
The position also requires personal and administrative skills such as self-motivation, initiative, time management, prioritization, multi-tasking and communication.
Still interested? Read on.
- Provides advanced technical support for the following: local and cloud server-based systems, technology environments, virtualization environments, shared storage environments, data networks including configuration, performance and security.
- Responds to automated events to ensure system uptime and stability.
- Ensures change control and other processes and procedures are followed and that configuration documentation is completed when systems are deployed or modified.
- Participates in a rotating 24x7x365 support role.
- Acts as the top-level for support ticket vendor escalations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides guidance, mentoring and coaching to team members.
- Architects and deploys large-scales upgrades and migrations of various technologies.
- Performs project assessments, scoping and cost estimates.
- Work in a technical pre-sales capacity for potential clients as required.
- Provides on-site customer support as/when required.
- Training and knowledge transfer to other team members to ensure continuity of knowledge and assist with staff development.
- Install or maintain computer networks such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems.
- Install server hardware and software infrastructure.
- Set up user accounts and passwords.
- Monitor network usage and security.
- Manage email, spam, and virus protection.
- Ensure networks are running smoothly.
- Troubleshoot and restore systems after crashes.
- Undertake routine preventative measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security.
- Serves as an escalation point for network and systems administrators
- Ensure systems comply with industry standards.
- Support administration of servers and server clusters.
- Manage system back up.
- Restore protocol.
- Document network problems.
- Support network and computing infrastructure.
- Install and maintain network services, equipment, and various devices.
- Oversee software security.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary—You don’t need to go to the grocery store to bring home the bacon. We reward candidates who wow us by offering competitive pay.
- Vacation—Paid holidays are a no brainer, but how does unlimited, paid vacation sound? Too good to be true? It’s not. Salaried employees of Firespring are encouraged to take what they need when it comes to vacation and sick time.
- 401(k)—Your dad preached about the importance of saving. Now we’re helping you get it done. Firespring provides professional financial advisors who will help you make a plan and guide your investments.
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it—that’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room that includes shuffleboard, a pool table, a foosball table, a Ping Pong table and more. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun.
- Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soda, tea, lemonade and beer. And don’t worry about your duds—business-casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won't be considered.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.